Tuesday, April 7, 2009

random reason for gratitude

(originally posted on November 27, 2008)


“zzzz..zzzz”, sounded my phone, seeming so eager to get my attention. But much to its dismay, its plea was utterly ignored. If only it could hop out of the front pocket of my tangerine scrub, it would’ve gone its way through my ears, pressed the green button on its own and made me answer the call, whoever the caller is. But It couldn’t and I pitied it. The buzzing went on again. I wish I could let it know that I cannot in any possible way answer the call because I’m busy. However, like any other nonliving thing, it went on and on coz they’re never sensitive to oxygen-breathing beings’ whims.

The vibrating effort of that tiny thing kept me distracted, turning it off was the best solution offered then and I found it rather reasonable. While I was pressing the power button with my cute thumb, I found out that it wasn’t actually a call but overwhelming messages from 6 people. If you’re wondrin why in hell those messages came simultaneously, celebrate with me coz I had no idea too. It was either 4 of my friends sent group messages at the same time, telling everyone in their group lists that life is good and it keeps getting better no matter how asskicking the problems may get and 2 of them asking how am I doing; or maybe all of the six messages came from the 4-digit numbers of telcom network giants wishing to allure me with their almost free ringtones, ringback tones or mms of celebrities. That or whatever, I didn’t know coz I decided to keep it dead for some time.

After getting busy with loads of undertakings, I excitedly turned it on. 3 of them were from a friend in Red Cross. All of them funny and good to read after a heavy day’s work. One was from a friend in High School, I could sense the excitement in her text considering that we’ve been out of each other’s reach for quite some time. Another one, a fowarded message that contains absolute intention of praising the GUY above for keeping things in order for us. It was from one of the fairview boys. The last but definitely not the least was from a friend asking me if we could go home together coz we’re gonna be off at the same time although not from the same workplace.

I replied according to the senders’ desires and even afforded to send “hehe” with a two-dotted “u” at the end to the funny ones. Yeah, i replied to all of them even though my replies weren’t warranted.

There’s nothing really awesome about this. It just kept me lighthearted knowing that God will always find a way to keep you lighthearted in between hours of pure stress. In my case, after hours of sheer stress.

God Bless You Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment