Wednesday, April 22, 2009

tink pasitib

“I was riding shotgun with my hair undone on the backseat of his car. He’s got a one-hand hand feel on the steering whee, the other on my heart…(silence)”

Yeah, it’s a line from Taylor Swift’s “Our song” and it woke me up @ 4:00 this morning..

Like any other sleepyhead, I snoozed like 3 times before I actually got off my bed.

First things first, mirror. Tanntannannannn, it’s gigantic eyebags day again! Damn this insomnia! Whoever discovered it deserves a beating. ugh. He should have left it unnoticed, unknown, undiscovered coz the more we know about it, the harder it gets for us insomniacs to doze off.We tend to think about it more often especially during bedtime and I think it only adds insult to injury. (theory XYZ by geli)

Anyhow, I still managed to make an idiotic smile like what Ms. Roni did when a jeepney hit her car sometime in 200idk. Otherwise, I’d have a gloomy day ahead and I don’t think I’d like that. Think positive. Smile. I did. =)

I turned on the faucet. No swooshing sound heard. I got down and informed ate fe and on my wayback, I heard a sound. Yes, water was running (without rubber shoes-poor water). Smile. I did.

After bathing, I looked at my uniform. It’s nicely hung so it’s already pressed. yeiey. But when I got it out from the cabinet, creases were evrywhere. Tip: Hang your ironed uniforms in a place where its alone. Putting it in between other clothes defeats the purpose of ironing. Ugh. I brought it down and ironed it myself and hurrah! Smile. I did.

Dressing up done. It’s already 5 and I have not eaten yet. The dining table was empty. Ate Jane was still asleep. I rummaged through the fridge, found delicious looking lefties and jammed it on the microwave. In 2 minutes time, I had a plate with microwaved rice and pork something something (it has orange sauce. I have no idea how it’s called). After a yummy meal, smile, I did.

5:20 - I drank my day’s dose of milk and went upstairs. I polished my teeth with my so-called toothbrush and green-blue-white-red toothpaste. My hair was till wet and even though I didn’t want to tie it up, I had no choice. I halfheartedly put it in a bun. “You’ll get there late. First entry on your DTR-tardy. So cool.”, said my super nosy mind. Threatened by my super nosy mind’s remarks, I hurried up (right, like 1 minute could really make a difference). I put on the muk-up that our facilitators kept on reitirating, the socks that should be long enough to cover my skin that’d be exposed when I sit down and the shoes that should be dirt-free. I got down, packed my lunch and looked at my watch: oh.it’s still 5:40…. wait…Huwahhhhaattttt?! FIVE FREAKIN FORTY and I was till at the GATE?! - pfffft. Where have all the cabs gone?! ugh.

broom (soft), broom broom (loud), broom broom broom (louder). Thank heavens for this one. I got on the orange tryk and I forced myself to smile. I really did.

I got off, then walked like a mile (?) and rode on a jeepney (it’s not orange, i’ve already had enough orange kaechosan). I sat beside the driver, a good place for mirror addicts. I carefully studied my reflection and guess what?! Sweat deleted the muk-up that took me twenty million minutes to put on. Darn. I wanted to swear. But my seatmate’s reflection was looking at me so i decided not to. Hesistantly, I smiled (and swore silently). I really did.

On my third ride (on a bus), I SMSed claire to ask if she’s in the hospital already. She’s still in mrt and she thought she’d arrive late too. She ended her text with huhu so I replied with “think positive with a two-dotted u at the end”. I smiled to myself. Not because I had to but because the busman gave me a 15php ticket after I told him that I got on the bus at St. Peter and will get off in kamias. (They usually charge me 19-22 php). I had a good one there. and yeah, I did smile.

I jeepneyed my way to my destination, brisk walked the hallway towards the employees' entrance with some batchmates and PUNCHED! YAHOO.. 6:24am!!

Pronto: my batchmates were busy pinning their caps to their nicely bunned hair. I retouched (awwww) to look healthier. I put on my cap even though I don’t know how to coz it’s different from the one I used in college. Ugh again. I had no extra hair pins. Foolish. Stupid. Tanga me. Claire helped me and Chris gave me two pins. yeiey. These two ladies were an awesome lot. I love them. I smiled again.

We were sent to our respective floors with happiness deeply imprinted on our faces. (Probably the effect of greeting everybody a lively “GOOOOOODDD MOOORRRNING”) I couldn’t help but smile. the whole batch was so energetic.

On the floor, the people were great. As in everyone there was uber friendly. They’re very accommodating. It’s so nice to move around with people who don’t have pissing aura. I love it there. The downside though is that: my cap kept on misplacing itself the whole time. I’ve already taped the insides to keept it fixed and I already pinned it to keep it in place but to no avail. It’s so strong that it overpowered the hair pin’s clipping ability. ugh. the cap went here and there. It annoyed me the whole day. ugh. But of course, even though i was totally, frustatingly, disgustingly annoyed, I still smiled.

Now, I’m home, typing another senseless post with a pokery smile on the face (kidding). I’m happy. Yeah, genuinely happy coz after all, I managed to maintain a positive outlook the whole day despite my simple series of unfortunate events. I didn’t let those petty mishaps ruin my day. Most of all, I’m happy because my annoying cap is already in my bag and will be jailed there until 6:15 tomorrow. =)

uhmm..thinking positive really helps.=)

4 comments:

  1. wahaha, you did smile a lot ha? pede na pong pang close-up commercial model, hehe :] that's so good of you ate. THINK POSITIVE, alright. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.hndi rin kc ung smile ko, ampnget.pangbathroom mirror lng xa na smile hndi pangtv.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe andami mo palang sinasakyan ate bago makarating sa ppuntahan,all kind of transpo,kulang nalang eroplano,hehe

    pati pagbabasa ko parang nagmamadali,nacarried away ako dun ah,napahingal din ako,haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.super epal ko kc nung araw na un eh..hehe.nweiz, ngayon ok na..gmgising nako ng maaga para maiwasan ung insidente.hehe
    onga eh..ewan ko ba dto sa lugar nato..malapit xa na malayo.hehe.

    ReplyDelete