Saturday, April 18, 2009

bakit ka ngbablog?

honestly?
i really don't know the real reason behind.
in fact, if sir abner (the man behind an_indecent_mind) didn't tag me with his own version of this blog, i wouldn't have thought about the reason/s why i blog.
unlike most people here, i didn't grow up loving the art of writing.
in my elementary and high school days, my most hated activities in school are writing compositions and public speaking.
when my teachers would ask us to write essays, i'd always have a hard time doing it. i couldn't decide on how to best start my work, i didn't know how to elaborate my ideas and i couldn't end it on time. it was my waterloo.
if i remember it right, i only discovered the beauty of writing when i was in college. it was on my 1st year in San Pedro College to be exact.
our english professor once asked us to write a composition about anything that we like to talk about: music, sports, celebrities, food, hobbies, etc.
when she cued us to start, i began writing about my friends. i talked about what we did together, why i enjoyed hanging out with them, who are they and those kinds of topics. i was halfway through my task when i eventually ran out of ideas. I couldn't think of what to add to reach the minimum number of lines. time was ticking. i panicked. i wrote. i erased. i wrote again. i erased again. my paper became half-filled with crossed out sentences and i didn't quite like the look of it so i decided to use another sheet and transfer the first lines that i've written. the moment my pen touched the new yellow-colored paper, i realized that i didn't wanna write about my friends anymore. ideas rushed through my brain and i wrote down a quotation mark. then three dots. then the word "there", and then "goes", and then "Beckham". yes. i actually started my piece with words of a sports commentator. "passed the ball to number 16, number 16 tackled the ball, made a really cool head bat and blah, blah, blah." i had so little time to finish, but i actually managed to reach the required number of lines. i just wrote down everything that came to mind about soccer: how i learned playing it, who my favorite players were, why i love the sport, what are its benefits and its downsides, and many others. i wasn't proud of my work so when it was time for us to submit our works, i got my classmate's paper, put hers in top of mine and submitted both to our prof.
a week after, a friend from high school approached me and asked me if i was the one who wrote about soccer and i answered yes and asked why. she then told me that our english prof read my essay in their class and told them that it was one of the good ones that she has received from her students.
huuuuuwhaat?!!! yeah. i went crazy because for me it was shameful. i made a quick mental review of my grammar, my vocabulaary and organization of thoughts. and then i shrieked. i wanted to disappear. lol.

anyhow, because of that incident, i became interested in writing. i doodled on my notebooks, i bought journals, i wrote on friendster, opened my account here, forgot about my account for a while and came back few days ago.

now, you wanna know why i blog?
i'm looking for the answer too.
a. it's a good way to blurt out innuendos
b. it's a cool tool to brag about something
c. it saves me lotsa ink
d. it helps me release tension
e. it makes me feel good to know that i've actually written one paragraph
f. all of the above.
i'm thinking...

2 comments:

  1. daldal mo....

    sigaw ka nang sigaw!!

    walang pakialamanan! gusto kong pakialaman ka e! bakit ba??? wahahaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.ngppkmtnda kna nman.chill lng.hahaha

    ReplyDelete