Thursday, May 14, 2009

please don't vote these people

I see election.
I smell election.
I breathe election.

Posters of posers are hung everywhere. They're all showing their chiclet-white teeth in tarpaulins using the spirit of christmas, new year, graduation, holy week, and many other occasions.
TV is colonized by aspiring presidents and senators and Pete knows what other positions are for grabs on May 2010. They're good at it-campaigning. Utilizing the best technologies to reach every Juan. Coming up with acronyms of their names that are evidently pointless. ugh.
Someone thinks he can tricycle his way to presidency. Portraying a god-like persona, he promises the young hopefuls that he could help them become a celebrity and a seaman. Oh, so he could really help everyone reach his dream? My dream is to become the next president, could he help me achieve that? I don't think so.
He keeps on bugging the people to wake the seemingly sleeping government. Stupid. Did he forget that he's part of 'em? What is he there for anyway? To make grand marriage proposals on national and semi international television? He takes advantage of the people's naivete. Rides on the anger of the mass that wants change. Trying to give hope to those who want it. Yeah right, like he's really the one who could solve our national problems when all he does is keep himself visible to the public, spending too much on airtime fees.
He can give me 1 million cash and I won't still vote him. He's just so fake.

Next comes the orange guy-saving OFWs and mudprinting a hand on his orange polo shirt to gain people's trust. They asked these ofws to tell the people that they saved them. Well they better should coz it's their duty to uphold the welfare of the filipino people. It's not like we owe them that coz they're paid millions of pesos to do their work.

We're a year away from voting day but they've already spent huge amounts of money to campaign. Faces of politicians are on every corner. Wherever you look at, you could catch a glimpse of a bruhita and bruhito. We're paying it for them and after election they're gonna collect payments from us again. I pity the people who know nothing about its effects on us. I pity the people who believe that they could save us from utter disgrace. I pity the people who'd cast votes on their favor. I pity them. I pity us. I pity our country.

7 comments:

  1. "Someone thinks he can tricycle his way to presidency" -- i know who yer throwing tomatoes at fruitcake. :) toinks. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate politicians empty promises and I agree with you not to vote for candidates who were spending so much money to gain media mileage - the gargantuan tarpaulin ads, others became instant celebrities on their standing relationship with popular tv personalities, regular TV guestings on noon time shows, TV commercials and product endorsements, they are everywhere. You are right - beware of these modern "trapos", they are more contagious than the swine flu epidemic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @yza
    i bet u do..hehe.everytime i see his face on tv, my cerebral veins break down due to blood pooling.he's like, everywhere!!!!from lozada's hearings to noontime shows. Good if he's at least half the super hotness level of brad or paul walker but he ain't even a sixteenth. seeing him makes me wanna throw up.honestly.

    @pope
    good to know that parekoi.lawl. these guys are too preoccupied with their visbility that they forget that they still have loadsome of work to do. hate them like 345%!!!grhhhh.
    i'm thinking of creating a new blog that'd help enlighten people's minds on 2010 elections. a place where people could post everything that they know about the presidenbtiables, v-presidentiables, senatoriables and..uhnm.probable brgy captains?hehe..good and bad..formal and informal..documented and undocumented..lawl. i really hope i could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm still not in the legal age to vote because if I have the chance to vote next year, I wouldn't bother to waste my time on the ballot and think that something will change into our country. Of course we know that these god-like candidates are nothing but morons. They're embraced my this hidden agenda and we know what agenda is that.

    Hey, would you happen to vote me in Chorva Blog awards? I'm nominated. Here's the link: http://chorvacheorvamus.blogspot.com/

    The poll is on the sidebar. And my blog's name is: Ang buhay ay parang sine. :)

    Thank you so much. Voting ends on May 22 at 12am.

    ReplyDelete