Saturday, May 30, 2009

plattaps








2 chocolate lovers and I were on our way to one chocolate lover's whereabouts to get the Kitkat that he offered to share with us. I was busy thinking about thing-ama-jigz when they began discussing about how they prefer not so expensive chocolates like Kitkat to Cadbury or Ferrero. They both agreed that Kitkat tastes so much better than the latter two. They also mentioned many other chocolate brands under Kitkat's category which primarily refers to the ones that are inexpensive and incheap(if such a term exists, which i doubt.haha) at the same time like Hershey's, etc. In short, they're fans of the medium priced brown colored delights.

I don't know what got into me that made me say " Alam nyo pnkafavorite kong chocolate? FLAT TOPS. As in."

Then they began laughing and commented like
"ang mura mo palang ligawan"
" bka gusto mo rin ng serg, or ung mga bilog bilog na tigpipiso."
"ano ba nman yan, mga mumurahin?"
"tsaka ung chocolate coins"
"o di kaya Goya. gusto mo rin ng Goya noh?"

Maybe I flushed a little but of course I didn't see it. I so wanted to elaborate how flat tops mean to me but I opted to save myself from further embarrassment. I wasn't ashamed that I love Flat Tops because I really do. They're like the best chocolate pieces that have been invented minus the sky-high price and glamorous label. But the fact that they see it as cheap and unworthy of notice makes it, uhm, yeah, embarrassing. I just kept silent and smiled and they went on.

You might find it cheap too. But I don't care.
I also love Cadbury. I love Hershey's kisses and bars. I love Merci. I love Toblerone. I love Lindt. I love chocolates (and ice cream).
I love it dark or milky. Not white. No nuts and whatsoevers. No toffee or caramel. No other flavors like curry, or paprika, or chilli. (they're weird but they do exist).
but, however, nevertheless, my most love kind is still the one wrapped in orange stripes plastic and a piece of foil that can be bought almost anywhere in the Philippines - RICOA FLAT TOPS.

I like its texture which is very slightly sandy, its sweetness and the fact that I can eat it wherever and whenever I want to.
When I was in high school, a P9.50 pack of it was a resident in my bag and three pieces of it in my pocket.
In college, my food locker is useless without the bigger pack of flat tops in it.
Now, i'm still addicted to it even though it sells p2.00 a piece already. (twas only piso a piece back then)

yeah, it's mumurahin but it makes me smile=)

12 comments:

  1. huuuuyyyy!!!! sarap nyan!!! miss ko na yan!! penge naman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mumurahin nga plattaps pero masarap yan. allergic kasi ako sa imported na chocolate nagpapantal ako, plattaps lang nakakain ko. or serge.. basta local. Teka teka girl hinay hinay sa chocolate, you wouldn't want it to fall on yer waist. :) yeeeeee. ahah.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hind pwede reyane naipangako na sakin ni fruitcake un plattaps. hahah:) *damot* aahahaha. :p sorry naman sarap mangulit naun eh. toinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, alam ko yang tsokoleyt na yan, and my family has gone crazy with this one... my sister used to buy this in plastic pouch, den nilalagay nya sa table in a glass cannister.

    Less than a day, nauubos namin iyon paunti-unti hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fave ko din yang flat tops...ansarap kaya niya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sa lhat ng humingi, kuha lng kayo.haha.pwedeng irefresh ang page pag knulang.hehehe.
    mya kain ulet ako..
    @yza, ok lng na mpunta sa waistline.hehe.iexercise lng yan.hehe. tska ishare mo kc pra mrami tayong tataba.hehe

    @ate deth..
    onga super sarap..heaven tlga.hehe

    @hari..kuha ka lng..

    @popr, ung saken d na nkkabot sa canister..tska mga kaibgan kong close, nauuna pang magbukas ng pouch ko.jeje

    ReplyDelete
  7. makikicomment po..

    natikman ko na ata lahat ng klase ng chocolates pero korek ka jan sister panalo talaga ang flat tops!..i dont like chocolates with nuts, fruits, toffee and i hate it white.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. paborito ko rin ang flat tops ng ricoa! pero kung may budget, toblerone ako! www.toblerone.com.ph

    ReplyDelete